Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send pdf button

dbelling
Level 3

I have the proseries basic and when I go to print...there should be a choice to send pdf....my view is the create pdf or print....but no send pdf button...any ideas

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Camp1040
Level 10

I have basic. You have to create your PDF from the print tab options, the program then saves it to your Propdf file. You have to email it as an attachment, I use Bullzip and password protect the file.

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't know about Basic but in the Professional version, there isn't a button but there is a little dot to click on.  If you hit the icon to print a return, there is a line "e-mail password protected pdf" in the first section of the print window that pops up.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I have basic. You have to create your PDF from the print tab options, the program then saves it to your Propdf file. You have to email it as an attachment, I use Bullzip and password protect the file.

Camp1040
Level 10

My self and others would like to know if any of the ideas thrown around this forum helped your situation.

dbelling
Level 3

Last year there was a button on the bottom of the print screen in basic...send pdf.....that is no longer there...and when I go to proseries pro connect web pagethey show a picture of the print screen with that send pdf bubble...but not on my screen...it was very easy.

Camp1040
Level 10

I use basic, so I can't comment on pro connect. My 2018 proseries basic does not have a send PDF button  as an option on the print return tab.

IRonMaN
Level 15

ProConnect is ProSeries.  ProConnect is Lacerte.  ProConnect is Online.  Proconnect is the name for the whole professional tax software family.  Thanks Intuit for confusing the crap out of everybody.

Slava Ukraini!
dbelling
Level 3

as soon as I call intuit tomorrow i will let you all know what they say....

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You might have to wait until Tuesday since tomorrow is a holiday.

Slava Ukraini!
dbelling
Level 3

That is no longer a feature in basic.   To send a off you press create pdf...it goes to proof file and then you can attach to an email.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

That's correct, as was stated in the posts above

ladyc
Level 1

There was a button last year and I do not see it either. 

0 Cheers