Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send mail error when trying to email client checklist

clr600
Level 8

I am getting a Send Mail Error when trying to email the client checklist. I am running thunderbird. Have been using thunderbird for 10 years or so. I could not find a solution in researching on Proseries Support

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
Do you have it set up as your default email, also I notice when I batch email checklist at first I get email error, because thunderbird is asking for permission. Once I answer ok, then I tell ProSeries to try again
0 Cheers
clr600
Level 8
Yes Thunderbird is my default it does not ask for permission it just gives me a box that states send mail error
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
When it ask for permission it comes up in the background for me. I just downloaded thunderbird, and this is first time I was able to send email from PS. Sorry I can't help more. Maybe one of the more experienced PRO's can help
0 Cheers
SmartTax
Level 1

This might help others:

I recently updated my computer and my Microsoft Suite.  I use Outlook as my email default.  The new version only comes in 64 bit.  For tax years 2018 and 2019 there is a checkbox that must be checked in order to email encrypted returns to clients.

From the top menu select Tools. Select Options. At the bottom right check the box that says 64bit under email options.

0 Cheers
GerryHersh
Level 1

I too have been using the email checklist feature for years and can no longer get it too work. Although I have Thunderbird as the default email on my computer, Proseries defaults emails to Outlook. I have now spent too many hours trying to resolve this issue with Proseries Tech support. I give up.

0 Cheers
mdarosa
Level 1

I have the same issue. Proseries 2020 is not working on my standalone and network version.

all it states is email error occurred.

0 Cheers
linduca1216
Level 7

I am not using Thunderbird, but in my talking with Intuit, it seems it is a program error (which they did not share with us and it would have saved us all some time and frustration) and that they project that it will resolved by 1/20/2021...

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"which they did not share with us"

It's on this forum:

"The Tax Year 20 program was updated to automatically detect which client to use (32 bit Outlook or 64 bit Outlook), but there's an issue that will be fixed in our upcoming Jan 20 release... along with a different setting to allow you to use a non-outlook 64 bit client."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
linduca1216
Level 7

My bad...

0 Cheers