Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Employee covid-19 credit

Taxesnmore
Level 2

where and how I enter covid-19 credit for a self employee that did not work due to getting covid-19

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
rbynaker
Level 13
athaureaux6
Level 8

They said before that this form can not be e-filed. I hope they fix that because it is going to be messy for some people. 

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Just fill it out, and attach as pdf. I've heard some programs let you fill the form in the program, and they attach it as a pdf for you. Maybe  PS will, but I doubt it. I am not going to fill out the form in PS, but fill it out by hand and attach it so I can efile.

0 Cheers
athaureaux6
Level 8

I do not think you can do that. PS will not allow you to write in Line 12 b. It has to be transferred from the worksheet. I believe I tried that before. I am referring to the amount of the credit. In the box in line 12 b. 

0 Cheers
athaureaux6
Level 8

But if you find a way, please let me know. 

0 Cheers
athaureaux6
Level 8

Did he have self employment net income? If he does not have self employment net income, it will not qualify for the credit, that is my understanding, the credit is based on a percentage (I believe 67%) of the daily income of the net income. 

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@athaureaux6  You override line 12b, But make sure return has no errors. When you go to efile, just uncheck box to error check.

0 Cheers