Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section 179 Depreciation on 1120s

How do I properly enter section 179 depreciation for a new asset on the 1120S?  I am currently entering it right on the Asset Entry Worksheet, but it is not flowing through to the K1 or anywhere.  I wanted to make sure I am entering it correctly and that I do not nee

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

So I was right about dates 🥳

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

If you don't have all the other information inputted, or have a loss or some other limiting factor, those could stop it from carrying.

I have all of the information input and the company is not in a loss position.  On the asset entry worksheet, at the top where it says "Section 179" I have the full amount listed in there.  Should I be doing anything else?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you have the dates purchased and put into use entered?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Do you have the "Percentage of Business use" line filled out?

(That's my last idea)

dkh
Level 15

Is the Sec179 showing up on Form 4562 ?    If yes, then it should flow to Line 11 on Sched K1

All of the information is input, percentage of use, dates, etc.  It shows up on schedule 4562 as section 179 depreciation, but does not flow to anywhere on the return or the k1.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Does it show as a carryover on the F4562 line 10 - is that maybe why it's going nowhere?

hankinstax
Level 5

Try going to page 1, Form 1120S, and select the asset entry button around the middle of the page.  This should make everything flow correctly.  

The depreciation still is not flowing anywhere.  I appreciate everyone's help, but still no luck.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@IntuitGabi   Can you look into this, see if there is a bug in the program.

Thanks

dkh
Level 15

@SamanthaHrynczyszyn   I just tried Sec179 with one of my 1120S clients....it worked fine for me from page 1 asset entry  and from a Sched F asset entry.

I got it to work.  Thank you everyone for your help.  I had entered the asset placed date as 2020 by accident instead of 2021.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

So I was right about dates 🥳

Slava Ukraini!