Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE Health LTC Wks, Error message on Line 9 B

WhineTax
Level 1

In all other years line 9B would self populate in the inside margin as a carryover from the Keough, SEP and Simple Contribution Worksheet. After a recent update it no longer populates by the program and leads to an error message on 9B in the outside margin that can only be fixed with an override that I am not comfortable making. Two calls to Proseries have not resulted in any resolution, has anyone seem this. It impacts all partners who have Health Insurance & Pension Contributions coming from K-1s.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Line 9B of what form?  If you mean Line 9B on the worksheet, Ive always had to fill that in myself.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
WhineTax
Level 1

Thank you for your response.

Yes exactly, the 9B amount on the left side was always prepopulated by my input elsewhere and that gave rise to an error message and we then input the same number on line 9B on the right side and the error message went away.

Now the 9B amount on the left side is not being populated by the program so when you enter the amount on line 9B on the right side there is now an error message because the 9B amount is not being populated by the program and I don't feel comfortable overriding.   

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
OK I see what youre saying, yes, that number on the left has always auto populated and then I enter it again on the right.

If you click on that entry space on the left, it should take you back to the point of entry....mine eventually (multiple clicks) takes me back to the SEP worksheet. Do you see the SEP contribution amount on the Keogh/SEP/Simple Worksheet?

WhineTax
Level 1

yes I do see the SEP Contribution amount on the Keough/SEP/Simple worksheet, if is right there thru all the various clicks, but does not carryover to to the number on the left side for 9B as in all other years, when I do the input on the right side of 9B there is the error message.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
the amount also shows on Sch 1, Line 16? If its on the SEP/KEOGH wrksht and Sch 1, Line 16, I have no clue why its not transferring to the SE health wrksht, sorry.

0 Cheers