Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

School district number for Ohio tax returns

Dreama
Level 2

I am located in what is called the Tri-State Area, Ohio, WV and KY, so I do all 3 states.  On the Ohio state return there is a place for what is called - School District number for this return - it is a 4 digit and when I put in the school district code from the Ohio Department of Taxation it does not work.  So far this has only happen for the year 2020 and just for the state of Ohio.  I can not process the state return if this is not corrected.  Can anyone help?  It is not a school return it is on the state return (just in case it is asked).

Thank you,

Dreama

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Are you entering the code on the Ohio Information Sheet?

Dreama
Level 2

I have a picture of what it’s asking.  I think it’s the tax form and not the information sheet.  Even though it’s the same number.

thank you,

Dreama

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Did you try the Lookup tool:

https://thefinder.tax.ohio.gov/StreamlineSalesTaxWeb/AddressLookup/LookupByAddress.aspx?taxType=Scho...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

You can't enter it directly on the form.  It needs entered on the information worksheet.

Dreama
Level 2

Yes I did and it still will not work

0 Cheers
Dreama
Level 2

I put it on the information worksheet only, it is suppose to carry it to the tax return that is where the error is.

0 Cheers
Dreama
Level 2

I have even tried to delete the return make sure I’m updated & redo the return from scratch & it still doesn’t work.  It is the firm SD 100 for the state if Ohio.  This has to be fixed or no Ohio state returns will be filed.

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

If you don't need the school district form which is what the SD 100 is check the box on that form that says suppress this form.

Dreama
Level 2

So that will work for the returns that do not have to file a school district return, but what about the ones that do?

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

On the W2 under local if you have the school district number listed under locality name it should pull it over to the SD100