Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule OR-EIN-ITIN

cinmon428
Level 7

There is a new form for Oregon, Schedule OR-EIC-ITIN, for taxpayers who have ITINs but want the earned income credit. Proseries does not appear to have the form, and it's nowhere to be found on the list of forms to appear later in the season. Does anyone know whether Proseries has any plans to produce this form?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
elhispanotax
Level 1

We have been dealing with this problem since the start of tax season.

I have been using Intuit ProSeries for many years. I used to work with ATX, but about 10 years ago, their software was a big problem which is why we moved to Intuit. I has been good all these years, but now we do not understand why Intuit does not have form 898 EIC Schedule OR-ASC and the code 898. Do we need to calculate this by hand? It is very time consuming.

Do we have to paper file Oregon? How much do we need to charge in order to prepare taxes by hand? Does anyone know of another tax program that does have this schedule?

Is Intuit ProSeries planning on including this schedule soon? It is a big issue. I have been calling ProSeries with no answer. I have lots of clients who can qualify for this credit. 

Thank you very much,

El Hispano Tax Services

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

I think unfortunately, yes, we will have to mail in these returns. I called the Oregon Practitioner line and that's what I was told. Also he was unaware of any company that had this form. That doesn't mean that no company has it. The form and instructions make you go through what is basically the same procedure as the federal EIC, but by hand.