Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule H

Marsha2020
Level 4

Help.  Client had nanny they paid $3300 to in 2021  They used SurePayroll for the W2.  W3 indicates a household employee.  She tells me they paid the taxes.  So I can just skip the Schedule H - correct?  Otherwise, she would be paying twice.  I have included the nanny amount on the 2441.   I don't want to make a mistake with this client lol.  

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

Incorrect.  SurePay and HomePay are aiding in paying a quarterly estimate to cover the Federal taxes due (and state if done).  They are not filing the Schedule H.  You need to report on the 1040.  This way it's not double counted.

From their website - "The good news is, if you’re a HomePay client, you don’t have to worry about this scenario because we’ll prepare the Schedule H for you at the beginning of the year. From there, you just have to file it with your personal income tax return or hand it off to your accountant or CPA if they are preparing your return for you."

sjrcpa
Level 15

And you show the tax paid already as estimated tax payments. Their report probably tells you that.

Ex-AllStar
Marsha2020
Level 4

Thanks for the help.  I didn't know client had been given estimates, because they kept saying Surepayroll had paid the taxes.  Turns out, they didn't use the estimates and pay what Surepayroll had given them.