Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule H showing up on returns after last nights updates

ljr
Level 8

What are they doing now that this shows up on the returns - they think everyone in the US has household help? Now another waste of time to delete them. Finish fixing the 8915-F and the 7302 Forms instead of breaking something that wasn't broke. 

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I cannot duplicate that problem.  Does it happen on new returns or rolled over returns?

ljr
Level 8

rolled over returns not yet started - efiled returns don't have them - and there is 2 if joint 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I tried a couple of returns and they were clean.  I updated and tried a couple more and they were clean.  Maybe Intuit is just starting a little on playing an April fools joke on you.  But you did say e-filed returns don't have them and all of mine are e-filed so maybe that is why Intuit isn't playing with me today.  We'll see what tomorrow brings 😕

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I think someone else reported that yesterday. Not that I can find it with the lousy search feature here.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I havent seen any, I transfer clients into he new year on the day they come in for their appointment, so I transferred 10 in this morning, they all appear as expected.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
pcsadmin
Level 1

We are having this issue as well for a single user within our company. Doesn't matter which PC they log into Proseries, any return they open now has a Schedule H that they have to delete from the return to complete. Issue started this morning and again, is only affecting a single user out of 15 within the company.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I have seen this too. I just deleted them.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
dkh
Level 15

I had two returns tonight with Schedule H's  Single taxpayers have Schedule H-T and Schedule H-S  

Things in common:   - taxpayers are over 65    and have 1099-R     

dkh
Level 15

Found a few others.... seems triggered by 1099-R and/or SSA-1099  with federal withholding 

sagarcpa
Level 4

Been noticing this all week as well...Just had one that was a single taxpayer with only W-2s under 65 have both H-T and H-S.  What is going on?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
yes, seems like they appear on my retired client returns.

Ive just been ignoring them

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

You don't delete them?    I've been deleting.... I don't trust that ProSeries won't send with the tax return and cause some issue with IRS.

0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4

I'm also having this problem and it's now 4/30.  Is this ever going to be fixed or does ProSeries consider it too minor to bother with fixing?  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Theyre blank, right? Do they print out with the return? Ive just been ignoring them, I guess you could delete it if it really bugs you.

0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4

Yes, it really bugs me.  It's a program bug that ProSeries doesn't seem to want to fix.  Why not?   I tend to be proud of the product that I produce for my client's and expect the same from my vendors.  I once dealt with a contractor who said "why fix it, you can't see it from the street".  ProSeries seems to have the same attitude.