Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C Depreciation and Amort Report

Spanky
Level 3

This tax year was a killer!  taking longer and longer to file returns!  I use Proseries Professional.

This is not a question, more  FYI.  all the years on Intuit, never had this situation.

And sadly, it took the 3rd tech support agent, Tonya, to assist me by having the client's file sanitized to get the answer.  She now learned, and Intuit needs to address this with all their phone representatives.

I have a client that owes vehicles and uses actual vehicle expenses.  However, every year for whatever reason, I must enter milage regardless to eliminate the error messages that appear.  Then afterwards at some point I would print out the depreciation report.  This year I needed to check the amount of depreciation to enter on my clients QuickBooks.  No vehicles carried over from 2021 to 2022.

So naturally I call tech support, no clue.  Second one, no clue but sends me info which has nothing to do with anything I need. 

Turns out one must eliminate all errors on each vehicle asset listing before it populates to the Depreciation Report!  who the hell knew that???  Unnecessary hours wasted, because I opened up the report prematurely.  So beware!! But more sadly, no one else knew the answer either!!!!