Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roth 1099R code T

Greta
Level 9

Proseries asked whether there were Roths still open, and I erroneously checked the box No. Now I don't know what worksheet that question was on to correct my answer. Any idea?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

I would go to the 1099-R input and the Form 8606. Those two are the most likely places to find the effect of what the question did, resulting in something right or wrong. If wrong, you should be able to access it from where you see it. For instance, that seems like something you would be asked if you overlooked something on Form 8606 Part III.

See if something in the Help article takes you to where you might have seen this:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/proseries-form-1099-r-faq-s/00/4853

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
qbteachmt
Level 15

1099-R worksheet for the Roth distribution you were working on?

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

I don't really know! There was a pink error message, so I clicked on it, it took me to a page that asked if there is any Roth account still open, and I clicked No. It should have been a Yes. But I don't know where that error message took me from the 1099-R worksheet.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I would go to the 1099-R input and the Form 8606. Those two are the most likely places to find the effect of what the question did, resulting in something right or wrong. If wrong, you should be able to access it from where you see it. For instance, that seems like something you would be asked if you overlooked something on Form 8606 Part III.

See if something in the Help article takes you to where you might have seen this:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/proseries-form-1099-r-faq-s/00/4853

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

YES! It was buried in Form 8606 worksheet. Thank you!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Yay!

0 Cheers