Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rmd not taken timely, where do I enter this information?

Level 1
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Level 15

Use form 5329 to ask for forgiveness and then enter the distribution as normal in the year that it is actually taken.

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
Level 15
Level 15

Its way down at Part IX of Form 5329

Level 15

And do NOT pay the penalty.... it's much easier for someone at the IRS to just 'forgive' than it is to find someone to write the refund check.

And in my experience, I've never seen a request denied.  Be sure to emphasize that the late distributions have been taken and the steps taken to make sure the oversight will NOT happen again.

Good luck

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches