Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return shows no errors - but when printing, says there are errors

lyndaj0331
Level 4

I have completed a business return - everything is fine - no errors showing.  When I print, it tells me there are errors in the return.  I go back to return and click on the "error" button and it says there are 24 errors - i click on one "Schedule M1 is out of balance" and it shows me numbers from a different return (another client).  If I e-file this return will that erroneous and wrong-client info go with it?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Have you rebooted your computer, and still get the same craziness after rebooting?

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

I wouldn't transmit anything until you find out what is going haywire with that return.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Have you rebooted your computer, and still get the same craziness after rebooting?

lyndaj0331
Level 4

I tried calling - they are closed today.  I thought they were open 7 days a week since business returns are due on Wednesday.  I just wanted to check to see if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Since that return - I did a new clients - so there was no transfer - exact same thing happened and it is the same other client's info that shows up and I have not done her return yet. 

I will try rebooting and see if that helps.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
lyndaj0331
Level 4

That worked - that's always the first thing I do when things aren't working correctly - but it never dawned on me that rebooting would correct this issue.  Thank you!