Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Reject for No SCH EIC

Highlighted

I have a client (age 64) that qualifies for EIC based on her income. She files Single and does not have a qualifying child. Her income is less than $15,570 so she should qualify for EIC and, in fact, ProSeries calculates that she qualifies for $99. Her return gets rejected for no SCH EIC attached when the EIC value is not 0. I generate a SCH EIC, but the only information is her name and SSN since she has no dependent child. Apparently ProSeries is not attaching this schedule and the IRS requires it to accept the return. I feel like I am missing a check box somewhere that affirms she still qualifies, even without children. I think this may be the first return I have had where this is the case.  Any help would be appreciated.  T

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

No dependents at all?   Does the 8867 generate and you fill that out too?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted

Yep.  8867 is generated and filled out. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12

Schedule EIC is NOT required if there are no children.

Is it an immediate reject ?  If so, it is probably Intuit rejecting it.  Or are you getting an IRS rejection notice?  You might want to try disabling e-file checking when you e-file to see if that works (you need to e-file from Homebase in order to disable e-file checking).

If that still doesn't work, you may need to file by mail.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Im wondering if SSA has her year of birth one year off and shes actually 65 and would need a QC to get EIC, so its looking for the Sch EIC.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted

I guess that is possible. At this point, I am ready to grasp at straws.  Thanks.

0 Cheers
Highlighted

I agree that the SCH EIC should not be required.  The rejection is not immediate and is coming from IRS, from what I see. I will try to efile from Homebase and see what response I get.  Thanks. 

0 Cheers