Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return processing delays, E-Services and Transcript delivery

johnicahorton
Level 1

I am seeking any insight anyone may have as to why the IRS is "hit or miss" with processing of returns. I have clients who have received returns promptly and some filed the same way, no apparent reason for delay, having unreasonable wait times. I don't know how to explain the delays. As far as I know the practitioner priority line is still down and the CAF / E Services section is down for processing Forms 2848, accessing transcripts, etc. Can any one offer advice or insight on reason for delays, and whether e-services and transcript delivery is up and running?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive spoken with PPS multiple times this month, if I call close to 7am when they open, I can get through with minor wait times.

If youre the paid preparer and/or third party designee they will speak to you about a clients delayed refund without a 2848 or 8821.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Because of shortages of workers due to COVID issues, dealing with the IRS this year is like dealing with the lottery - some people win and some people lose.

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
sjrcpa
Level 15

Fax lines for 2848 submission are open now - July 23, 2020.

ex-AllStar