Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retgurn Authorization is blocking efile action

Pizagno
Level 2

Had this problem early this morning - followed recommendation by Cust. Rep to reload software directly from MY Account. That fixed the problem.

Now in the afternoon the same problem is back ?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pizagno
Level 2

Solution:

Last fall I had downloaded Pro form last year's program. The I changed my mind and asked to switch over to Basic.

Even when I kept re-downloading Basic from MY Account - the problem of being blocked by ' return Authorization ' continued.

ONLY WHEN I USED CONTROL PANEL ON MY STAND ALONE COMPUTER TO REMOVE ALL TRACES OF PRO - AND THEN DOWNLOADED BASIC - DID THINGS WORK ! I am ok now... taking a drink of Jack Daniels

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I saw your previous post...you had downloaded through the link within PS Pro and Basic users will be charged PPR when using Professional, so that made sense................but now youre sure youre in Basic, not in Professional and youre being prompted for payment?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Pizagno
Level 2

Yes - because I redid what worked this morning and downloaded Basic. But this time that did not work?

When you are inside the program how can you tell it is Basic and not Pro?

My license inside the software says Basic.

Thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive honestly never used Basic, I dont know what it looks like.  Heres what my toolbar looks like in Professional....is yours different?

protoolbar.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
DEtris
Level 2

I'm having a similar issue.  I've purchased Pro return basic series & when I went to authorize a return it says it is a PPR & wants me to submit a payment.

0 Cheers
DEtris
Level 2

Finally got through to support.  My issue was that I had downloaded Pro instead of Basic.  They were both on my account available for download because apparently you get free access to Pro when you buy Basic.  

Pizagno
Level 2

Solution:

Last fall I had downloaded Pro form last year's program. The I changed my mind and asked to switch over to Basic.

Even when I kept re-downloading Basic from MY Account - the problem of being blocked by ' return Authorization ' continued.

ONLY WHEN I USED CONTROL PANEL ON MY STAND ALONE COMPUTER TO REMOVE ALL TRACES OF PRO - AND THEN DOWNLOADED BASIC - DID THINGS WORK ! I am ok now... taking a drink of Jack Daniels