Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports not showing information after i split an asset and did a disposal

IntrepidCapJK
Level 1

I am working in 2019 Fixed Asset Manager.  I took an asset from 2016 and split it, then did a disposal of one of those newly formed assets in 2019.  Neither of the new assets are showing up on the Depreciation by Category report I run, nor is the disposed asset showing up on my Disposition reports.  I have gone back into the schedule of assets to be sure that i saved the disposal - i did.  Do i need to delete the original asset from my schedule of assets in order to have the reports run properly?

0 Cheers
1 Reply 1
dd4vols
Level 9

If they are showing up in the HomeBase…. they should show up on Category report even if you didn't put one for them.

first thing I would do... is look at the dates for the 2 'new assets'..

so... to be sure... you changed the original asset to 1/2 of original info...(including acc dep)… and then created another asset # for the other half with the same acq date, 1/2 of acc dep to date... and a disposal date in 2019.  or you created 2 completely new asset #s with org acq dates and 1/2 of info..and had the disposal of one in 2019..and deleted the original asset #.

having the old asset still in homebased would not impact the new ones showing up...

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posed.