Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal

dgijkm
Level 1

I have been a client of proseries Professional for over 10yrs.  My practice is winding down, therefore i thought I should change to 1040 Basic as it fits my needs,  I was shocked to find out that new customers may purchase the program from Proseries at $1149 BUT existing clients have to pay $1626.   Wow, now that is customer loyalty.

Labels (1)
4 Replies 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

The official reason from Intuit is the price break is given to new folks to help soften the effects of the learning curve going to a new product.  

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
dgijkm
Level 1

I play the "Who you Crap'n Card".

When I told the rep from Proseries of my desire to switch to 1040basic program, i was told that is was a different program and I would have to learn it as it was different then the Proseries Professional program.  This was told to me as a reason why I should NOT change.   So now you are saying that new customers get a discount to learn the this program but loyal ones dont get the same privledge.  Message delivered!!!!

That is not customer loyalty.  Time to look for an alternative and also lets others know about the lack of customer loyalty.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Play whatever card you like.  I don't work for Intuit, but I have seen that explanation posted here by Intuit employees.  Good luck with your new program!

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
0 Cheers
taxea96786
Level 5

Now, that is total BS. I have used both programs the only difference is that Basic doesn't have business forms.

Trust me....Intuit has gotten so big they have done away with customer loyalty all together. They don't even listen to suggestions from long-time customers who are interested in bettering the program to suit preparer need rather than their programmers giving us what THEY think we need.  It is all about the money now.

0 Cheers