Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Rejected Extensions from EF Center

jfarians
Level 2

I have 3 businesses that have had their extensions rejected. I'm just going to mail in these three, but want to get them out of the EF Center as "Rejected." I have opened each client and unchecked the box for e-filing the extensions, but this didn't get them out of there. Any other suggestions? 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

Why not leave them in the rejected as a reminder that those extensions were not done electronically but by mail?   

jfarians
Level 2

I guess I could. Just bothers my "Accountant OCD" to see them there. I updated the client statuses indicating they were mailed. 

dkh
Level 15

LOL  I totally understand the OCD  

Derrick
Level 3

I have the same issue, don't want to see extension rejections I've dealt with on the list the whole year and have it unnerve me every time I look at the tax year.  And yes I know it's more a bug in my psychology than a bug in the software, but it's easier to change software than brains!

Accountant-Man
Level 13

Convert them again, but don't transmit, of course. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
susanholly77
Level 2

Soooo...  I found this thread after I was having the same problem this year.  I reached out to ProSeries because it was not possible to ignore the OCD?!  Reconverting the files may have worked had I not already filed the actual returns.  We ended up with a work around that entailed making a copy of the file, checking the e-file acknowledgements on the copied file (which were now "accepted"), and deleting the original file.  Problem solved 🙂