Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected 2020 federal return

Fletcher
Level 3

Federal extension requested and accepted on 5-18-2021.  State and Fed efiled 6-22-2021.  Rejected 6-23-2021 due to error code REJ001 . the claim is "original return for 2020 has been accepted SIC. How do I successfully resubmit via efile?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fletcher
Level 3

I did an update and resubitted the returns for processing.  They were accepted this time for transmission.  Ill need to check acknowledgement tomorrow to see if the return passed the firewall to IRS systems. I shall return...

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

If the error code means the return has been e-filed and accepted, you can not resubmit it. Does the 9325 have line 1 and 2 filled in?

Fletcher
Level 3

Line 1 is.  I don't want to resubmit extension.  Im trying to efile original returns.

Fletcher
Level 3

PS Basic is not allowing me to efile original returns with respect to the previously mentioned (reject code) ?  im not sure why otherwise...

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Line 1 on the 9325 indicates the return was e-filed by you, the tax year and submission center. It has nothing to do with an extension.

Line 2 will be filled in when the return is accepted by the IRS.

It sounds like you e-filed the return already and you were trying to e-file it again, which would be rejected.

I don't know how Basic works. Do you have a column "Next Step" in the EF Center. if so, it should have the "Update EF Status" in it for that return.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

REJ codes are generally internal, like IRS or Intuit has an issue on their end.     Ohhhh there was an update today, right?    Im thinking something got screwed up somewhere.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Fletcher
Level 3

Line 2 is not filled in.  Line 6 contracts line 1 saying form 4868 extension was accepted on 5-17-2021 and assigned a DLN (by IRS i assume).  This is the actual date I requested the extension and indicates acceptance.  No other action was taken re this return until 6-22-21 when I efiled state and fed returns and subsequently learned upon acknowlegement receipt that this efile attempt was rejected as stated.  

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I'm not sure how you should proceed with this return, in Basic. As Lisa posted, there was an update to ProSeries this morning so anything is possible.

On the 9325, if Line 1 has the Tax Year, Submission Processing Center and your name filled in, the return was e-filed.

You could look on IRS.gov, Check refund Status and see if the return has been received. It takes 24-48 hours for it to show on the check refund status site.

Fletcher
Level 3

I did an update and resubitted the returns for processing.  They were accepted this time for transmission.  Ill need to check acknowledgement tomorrow to see if the return passed the firewall to IRS systems. I shall return...