Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redacted returns in ProSeries

ejdtaxman
Level 7

In prior years the redacted return still showed the last 4 digits of the SSN and bank accounts. 

Now the entire number seems to be blacked out in the 2020 program. 

Is there a way to set it so that the last 4 numbers show?

Client is purchasing a co-op and the Board has mandated that the returns show specifically the last 4 numbers. I would like to avoid having to manually go through each page and redact the numbers on there. 

If not, guess I'll have to go and do so, but I can't help but think this is yet another example of Intuit fixing what was not broken. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

If the client wants to pay for your time to manually redact #'s why not?

If they don't wish to pay you to do it, no reason they can not make a copy and do it themselves. They were given copies of all the returns you prepared correct?

ejdtaxman
Level 7

I think you are missing the point. 

Yes if the client wants to pay me to do manual redactions I can do it. But I would rather not do it. It's tedious and doesn't generate much revenue, and we have a lot more important work. 

Client can't do it themselves because no way to scan the papers in after they black out the numbers. I guess they could go to Kinkos maybe, but aside from that there's nothing. 

it's usually the case that a client COULD do a task themselves, but this is an annoying way to dodge the question of why the feature the program has or should have either doesn't exist or doesn't work. 

JH6
Employee
Employee

Hi ejdtaxman, you can make the the last 4 digits of the SSN and bank account number appear on printed forms by following either of two methods below. 

1. Print a selected form. In Print Option, please uncheck "Mask Sensitive Data".

2. Print the filing copy of the tax return. Sensitive data is not masked for filing copy.