Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Rebate form

khartman44
Level 2

There appears to be an error on the Recovery Rebate form.  The credit for dependents under 17 automatically populates.  However, I have two cases where the dependents are over 17, and it is still populating that field with $500 or $600 for the second payment.  It will then try to give the client that additional credit.  I have to go in and over ride this field to zero.  

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
dkh
Level 15

There have been others that had this problem too.   Try deleting the RRC Worksheet Ctrl+W,  it will then automatically repopulate hopefully with correct $$s.     I'll see if I can find the thread from the other post

khartman44
Level 2

Thanks, I tried that but it still did not work.  The only thing I can do is verify each one and change it if it is wrong.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I couldn't find the old conversation about this but let's ask... @Just Lisa Now  do you remember what the other fix for this was?      I think it was deleting a dependent and re-entering.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need to delete the dependent and reenter them.

On that dependent entry line    Right click > Delete Line in table  then reenter the kid

Im hoping none of these slipped past me yet...I keep forgetting about this issue.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin   this is another one that needs to be sent to development!

Nevermind, just saw your response to me on this over in the Lounge...didnt get any notification for that one!

So this HAS been reported to development and is being worked on!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Thanks for your help.  

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

What it really sad is that it is almost MARCH and Intuit still has such a significant error in their programming.

Ernie
Level 9

@TaxGuyBill  Sad, yes. Unexpected / unusual no.  They have no quality control.

dkh
Level 15

And even sadder is some issues are a repeat from last year issues  - Form 8615   

NathanN
Level 1

Has anyone tried to get a refund or reduced price for next year's software because of this issue?  I filed a client's return and didn't catch this issue, now their refund is $1100 less than what they were expecting.  Ultimately I understand it's my fault for not catching the error, but I don't expect errors like this on such simple calculations!  We use software to make our jobs easier.  If we have to double-check each little thing we might as well be doing returns by hand.