Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Rebate Credit

Greynewfs
Level 3

All my returns with no dependents are having their refunds reduced by the 1,400 they claimed?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If they filed 2019 and 2020 and got the 2020 EIPS amounts then Id bet money they got the 1400 as well...every single one of my clients that thought they didnt get it, found the amount in their bank account back in March of 2021.

Those that insist they didnt get it when theres no reason they shoudnt have, Ive been leaving it off the return (marking that the DID get it) and filing Form 3911 to trace the payment.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre going to add some more details to your post for it to make sense.

So these people didnt file a 2019 or 2020 return so the didnt get the advanced EIP in March of 2021? 

Greynewfs
Level 3

I'm sorry.  Just one esample. I have a single filer, who filed 2019 and 2020 returns.  Got the 1200 and 600, 1st and 2nd Stimulus payments. Did not get the 1400 recovery rebate payment.  It was added in to her 2021 refund, but IRS then reduced her refund by the 1400.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If they filed 2019 and 2020 and got the 2020 EIPS amounts then Id bet money they got the 1400 as well...every single one of my clients that thought they didnt get it, found the amount in their bank account back in March of 2021.

Those that insist they didnt get it when theres no reason they shoudnt have, Ive been leaving it off the return (marking that the DID get it) and filing Form 3911 to trace the payment.

dkh
Level 15

Lisa, how long is it taking IRS to respond to the 3911?    I have clients (MFJ) that received letters for the $1400. They did not receive EIP by DD.  I was present when they went through all of 2021 bank stmts.   Guessing they were sent checks that were pitched.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

dkh

"I'm not Lisa",

but we can all "play the lottery" of how long a piece of paper added to the bottom of the 8  million piece of paper pile is going to take, but It is pretty much all we have at this point. It's not going to be quick. My guess - If they hear anything in 2022 they should be ecstatic.

Jeff

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I havent been following up on the 3911, its really out my my control, its between them and IRS.

What I have been doing before faxing teh 3911, is calling the EIP Card 800# to see if a debit card had been issued, a couple of them got the card reissued and no 3911 was needed.

Greynewfs
Level 3

You are exactly correct.  So far, 8 who insisted they did not get it, found it on their bank statements.  Thank you so much.