Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recovery rebate credit

Fletcher
Level 3

My clients file a joint return, agi !44416 in 2020.  they received 2 stim pyments of 1200 each and 600 each.

Return was prepared with PS basic reflecting a recovery rebate credit of 1800.  IRS is disallowing this using Form CP11.  Is there any reason that you're aware of why?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so they got all the stimulus they were allowed, but youre saying the program added an additional amount of RRC that IRS is disallowing?

Do they have a teenage child on the return? The software was doing some weird computation for teenagers at one point, and allowing RRC when it wasnt allowed...you had to delete and reenter the dependent for it to calculate correctly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
PATAX
Level 15

IRS may believe that there's a miscalculation on that return... Double check the return and double check the amounts of the economic impact payment calculation...just my opinion...

George4Tacks
Level 15

My guess is that you said that they received $1,200 TOTAL and $600 TOTAL instead of EACH. That would have created a rebate credit of $1,800 which is WRONG. 

The software bases it's computation on your input. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
rbynaker
Level 13

If EIP1 was $1,200 each and EIP2 was $600 each then there would be no RRC to claim.  They were advanced everything they were entitled to.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so they got all the stimulus they were allowed, but youre saying the program added an additional amount of RRC that IRS is disallowing?

Do they have a teenage child on the return? The software was doing some weird computation for teenagers at one point, and allowing RRC when it wasnt allowed...you had to delete and reenter the dependent for it to calculate correctly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪