Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recovery rebate credit

billr617
Level 3

Anyone come across this error? After efiling a clients' return that had a recovery rebate calculated,  and going back in to client to print out Form 9325, acknowledging acceptance,  (the refund was accepted ) an error pops up saying the  tax calculation has changed. When you open the box to display changes, a 1040x pops up showing the amount of the recovery credit as a negative amount in column B. I don't know  if the refund actually changed as deposit not yet posted. Anyone else seen this? Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

Yep... there have been 4-5 posts on it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
billr617
Level 3

Thanks  would you have a link by any chance ?

billr617
Level 3

Never mind found it, I guess a new bug!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually, I believe that was a typo.  There have been roughly 45 posts on it, not 4-5.  The search function sucks so I'm not going to look for any of the links, but I personally experienced the issue if that helps.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Well, Jeff you are probably right .... it IS hard to keep track since we didn't start a counter on this one. 

Not enough counters; not enough monitors 🤣

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
oakhillsal
Level 3

Oh, I like your wave.... and welcome...

It's Friday the 19th and still no fix for this issue. 

Actually, Proseries told me this would be fixed by today (Thursday) , but nothing has popped up saying it's done... and my clients still have the message when opening them.

0 Cheers
quintero01
Level 2

I see it as a big problem. Some e-filed taxes claiming the Recovery Rebate Credit that contain that error after being e-filed, I'm not able to find them under the IRS "Where's my refund" tool to this date using the original requested refund amount.

0 Cheers
oakhillsal
Level 3

Here it is, the night of the 26th (3/26/21) and still no fix for this issue.  Yes, we can ignore it, but it won't go away.  Proseries needs to fix it, not ignore it.

oakhillsal
Level 3

April 9th, 2021 and still no fix.  Error pops up on every return filed with credit claimed, and review for 1040x page pops up when opening the client file.  Like Biden says, "Come on man....."

0 Cheers