Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet

Rando75
Level 2

IRS states we do not have to fill out recovery worksheet but our program is making us. couldn't they just put a check box on the info sheet to 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I would not advise this @Rando75 but within global options you can check the box to eliminate the error and program will assume full $$ amounts were received. 

Open any client or create and under options/misc. you will find what you seek. 

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I would not advise this @Rando75 but within global options you can check the box to eliminate the error and program will assume full $$ amounts were received. 

Open any client or create and under options/misc. you will find what you seek. 

dkh
Level 15

So you don't think there will ever be a time when the EIP received differs from what the taxpayer is eligible to receive?!?!?    

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Rando75 wrote:

IRS states we do not have to fill out recovery worksheet but our program is making us. couldn't they just put a check box on the info sheet to 

You need to input the 2 dollar amounts that each client received in order for the RRC to compute properly..   

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So I had a client in today, she make quite a bit more money in 2018 and 2019 than 2020. 

So her first EIP was only $401 (based on 2018)

The second one she got zero, due to her 2019 income exceeding the limit.

But in 2020 her income qualified her for the full amount of $1800. so she got the $1399 on her tax return.

If Id just marked a box somewhere, would it have given her this correct amount?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

That would be my concern, exactly!!!

Rando75
Level 2

Box only for those who received full amount

0 Cheers
Rando75
Level 2

i said full amount  $1200  $600