Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Rebate Credit Error

BruceCPA
Level 1

Taxpayer did not receive the correct first and second stimulus payments because they had their third child born in late 2019. I filed their 2020 return with the correct amounts. As soon as the return was IRS accepted, the additional stimulus payments were rejected. Taxpayer also confirmed he was sent the wrong amounts  by checking his account at irs.gov. Has anyone else run into this?

The only solution I have is to amend and paper mail it because I'd have to override the refundable credit line on 1040X.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If youre referring to the popup message after acceptance that shows the RRC being disallowed, that just a program bug, the return didn't change, right?

Its a bogus message that started back on the 11th.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BruceCPA
Level 1

Thank you! Client just confirmed he got he right amount. My apologies and thanks again

PATAX
Level 15

Bruce, sometimes if you wait a little bit things will work out in situations like this... Like you, I like to resolve things quickly, but sometimes it is better to wait a little bit and let things work out itself... Just my opinion.