Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECIEVED A BILL FROM THE IRS FOR BALANCE DUE ON 2020 TAXES

JJD753
Level 3

Like many of you we have rec'd  calls today because of estimated payments not being taken out. But we just rec'd one because a client rec'd a bill for 2020 taxes that were due on 4/15. Not only that, but they're charging interest of 96 cents if paid by 5/10. He is set up for an electronic withdrawal on 5/17. What is going on at the irs?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
dkh
Level 11

I'm blaming Russia.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm blaming Liechtenstein. 

I'm keeping this job. But I am selling surplus anvils on the side. If you are interested please call 867-5309
dkh
Level 11

Did you watch Jeopardy last night?  

IRonMaN
Level 15

No, but Liechtenstein does show up in a Google search for obscure countries.

I'm keeping this job. But I am selling surplus anvils on the side. If you are interested please call 867-5309
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

sounds like their computers aren't updated for the new due date and are just sending notices out as if this were any other year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 11

Problem with that - some clients will be hard to convince it is an IRS issue not a preparer issue                                                   potentially resulting in loss of a client next year

- some clients will pay the bill without discussing with the preparer first

BobKamman
Level 14

Exactly the kind of client we'd like to lose.