Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received 2-FA code without logging in first

jeancar
Level 2

Changed my password last week; rebooted at midnight.

At 9:33 this morning I got a text from intuit.com telling me my code.  I was not using my computer and was not logged into any intuit product.  That is usually the message I get when I log into Proseries (although sometimes is says your Proseries code is ..).  I called the support line, and the agent said she has been getting that herself starting this week, but hasn't escalated the issue.  

Is this a thing?  Has anyone else started receiving this out of the blue?  I can change my password again, but I'm concerned it might be something else too.  

Jean

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You must have drawn the short straw.  I haven't seen it either.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

I've not had any issues.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

You must have drawn the short straw.  I haven't seen it either.

Slava Ukraini!
jeancar
Level 2

I changed my password again, and used the on-line login history to see attempts were made, but I couldn't tell if entry was successful.  Glad this happened after the heat of the tax season, so rational strategizing is more fruitful.  Thanks all. 

dkh
Level 15

@IRonMaN  ..... I forgot to include sarcasm in my reply...... I'll never get to my Solutions goal.

kgalland
Level 4

I had the opposite problem and tried to login to QBO after turning off my computer. I never got the email code to login and it said I had to contact Intuit. After waiting 15 min for the support to find the answer why email wasn't working I gave up. I have work to get done and can't sit on hold all day. He came back and said he didn't know how to fix but by then I had already logged into another browser using my phone number. Its such a waste of time to call support but it does worry me we could easily be locked out of the software which isn't good at a deadline.