Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank acct that was scheduled for both refund and payment is now closed, scheduled payment date is approaching. How to change bank acct info?

taxman417
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

You need to call 1-888-353-4537 for federal at least 2 days prior to scheduled payment date.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
TAXOH
Level 11

You need to call 1-888-353-4537 for federal at least 2 days prior to scheduled payment date.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
That number is to cancel the payment so it doesn't bounce and get the client an NSF fee....you'll have to use the IRS website to set up a new payment from a different account.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TAXOH
Level 11
Yes it is....I was being lazy and cutting back on typing too much...lol
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I was just adding onto your answer....taxman you wont be able to "change" the account, it will be 2 separate actions you need to take to correct this.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
As far as the refund goes....the tax agency will send a check once the bank kicks it back to them.

taxman417
Level 1
thanks guys, mission accomplished (with this one anyway!)
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
You're welcome
0 Cheers
corinnerichard
Level 3

so stupid of me to put in an old account number, so can you tell me what the next steps are and does the taxpayer get charged for a fee from t he bank

0 Cheers