Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong social for efiling state

mvp2885
Level 5

I did a mistake where I efiled a return with a wrong social (one digit wrong :() I changed the social of the primary and now when I try to "update EF status for VA, I get a message saying " No valid return EF Center Record Exist." What do I do!? Will state return be rejected? Will it even show? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Lets back up a little.....So you Efiled federal and VA state returns with the wrong SSN and they both got rejected?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
mvp2885
Level 5

No, so what happened is I filed both, but for some odd reason, I had a client with almost identical social security numbers, so proseries automatically rejected the federal saying "you have already filed a return with that social security number." I then saw the number was wrong. Corrected, But the state is showing at "return received by intuit." When I click on Update EF status, I get the message "No valid EF center record" So now I can't even EF update to see the status!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Hmmm...so VA got stuck in limbo waiting for a federal return to be accepted, which it wont be since the SSN is wrong.

That VA return thats stuck has the wrong SSN on it too, right?

What happens if you save that clients return using a different filename with the correct SSN on it, can you Efile both fed and VA?

0 Cheers
mvp2885
Level 5

For some reason the federal did not transmit at all under wrong social. So I am safe there, but the state did. Will the state be rejected if no federal received? It still showing as "return send to state." 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If its showing as sent to state, then it may still reject.

Intuit automatically bounces back a fed return if another return with that same SSN has been filed by anyone using an Intuit product, so thats why fed came back so quickly...fingers crossed the state rejects soon!

George4Tacks
Level 15

Never mind!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers