Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksheet for Schedule D . Does anyone know what happened to the "capital gain (loss) transaction worksheet, specifically for inherited house in 2020software?

jesdq1
Level 4

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jesdq1
Level 4

Ok. I see the new format has added "adjustments" and the code for the adjustment to be carried to 8949, Part 2, column f, (code e for expenses of the  sale). The previous worksheet  carried this info to 8849. The previous schedule D entry did not allow a code, the code came from the worksheet automatically if entered under inherited.   That is what I was getting "hung up".

Thanks for your help 

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Sch D went through a face lift. The worksheet is there......

0 Cheers
jesdq1
Level 4

Thanks can you give me a clue as to where it is?  I use to be able to "quickzoom" from schedule D? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
use the 1099B worksheet button at the top, that will take you to something that resembles the old Sch D.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@jesdq1 wrote:

Thanks can you give me a clue as to where it is?  I use to be able to "quickzoom" from schedule D?

Same here @jesdq1. It will take me awhile to get used to. 

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I'm still trying to find the "improvement" using the new form!😒

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@Camp1040 wrote:

I'm still trying to find the "improvement" using the new form!😒

🤣🤣 Indeed! 😂😂

0 Cheers
jesdq1
Level 4

I have a call in to Proseries, they were not able to give me an immediate answer, they are researching it. .  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You dont need any special worksheet for selling inherited property. 

Look at how it shows up on the 2019 8949, you can make it show up the same on the 2020 8949 using the 1099B worksheet.

Just put Inherited in the acquired date box, mark the box No for it it was reported on a 1099B and No if it was reported to the IRS.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jesdq1
Level 4

Ok. I see the new format has added "adjustments" and the code for the adjustment to be carried to 8949, Part 2, column f, (code e for expenses of the  sale). The previous worksheet  carried this info to 8849. The previous schedule D entry did not allow a code, the code came from the worksheet automatically if entered under inherited.   That is what I was getting "hung up".

Thanks for your help