Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wisconsin Form 1 Schedule I (Adj to convert federal to WI)

Highlighted
Level 2

Just wanted to let ProSeries know that the program is not working correctly on Schedule I (Adjustments to Covert 2019 Federal AGI and Itemized Deductions to the Amounts ALlowed for WI).  In part II, Column II (WI), the program is doubling the federal cash gifts to charity.  So the amount that the program is putting in Column II is the twice the amount of federal cash donations plus once the amount of federal noncash donations.

Labels (1)
4 Replies 4
Level 11
Level 11

Thanks for the heads up. Will have to keep an eye on this

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Just figured out that the program is only doubling the cash contributions in Column II if the client also has non-cash contributions on federal Sched A.  I was working on another client and saw that WI Sched I was correct (same contributions for federal and state) so I played around and when I entered a non-cash donation on Sched A, then the WI Sched I was incorrect for that client too.  So it seems the program is working when there are only cash contributions, but not working when a client has both cash and non-cash contributions.

Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

Also be aware capital gains for WD is not working, if your client has capital gains you have to open the WI WD before it will populate. Once you open it, then it works

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Yes - noticed there was a problem with the state capital gains/losses earlier today.  I printed a Wisconsin return and as I was reviewing it, I realized that the program didn't include the $2,500 add-back of the $3k federal capital loss.  But what was strange was that when I reopened the client's tax return to fix the state return, the $2,500 add-back now was on line 3 of the state return (without me doing anything - I hadn't opened the Schedule WD yet) and obviously the client's refund decreased.  So I don't know what triggered the software to change the state return after I had printed it the first time.

0 Cheers