Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wisconsin Form 1 is calculating a penalty on Line 22 for COVID related IRA withdrawals. When will this be fixed?

kevin2
Level 2

I have may clients that took a COVID related IRA withdrawal.  The Federal Form 8915E is now working on the Federal side but on Wisconsin, it is still calculating an early withdrawal penalty with the following error notice:

Form 1: Penalties on IRA We're still working on updates related to Penalties on IRAs, retirement plans, MSA's distributions (Form 1099-R) that qualify for disaster or covid relief. You can keep working on your return and we'll remove this message when it's ready.

I have a stack of returns that are waiting to finalize with this error.  When will it be fixed?  I can't find anything online and when I called early this morning the person at Intuit said she would look into it and email an answer. I have heard nothing all day.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Form 8915E has to be filled out in federal first, and that form is scheduled to be released in PS 3/11/2021

0 Cheers
kevin2
Level 2

Form 8915E is already available and seems like it is final in ProSeries.  This was available starting 2/25.  The Wisconsin error did not appear until after the form 8915E was in the Federal return.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Your right, it is available. I have been waiting, because the release date had been 3/11. Will have to see if WI is right or not.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When I check Wi I get message that Intuit is still working to fix Wisconsin

0 Cheers
KIKI1969
Level 1

Still getting that message today.  It has been 2 weeks since the 8915E was finalized.  Would really like to get these filed.  Any update???

0 Cheers
Cinealis
Level 1

Is there a better way to confirm this is not a software error and PROSERIES is working on updating/fixing this??

0 Cheers
kevin2
Level 2

I called support over a week ago and they said the WI Dept of Revenue has to approve software changes but I was not overly confident in the support person's level of certainty with her answer. I don't think it should take the DOR to approve things. I would suggest the more people call ProSeries support asking about this the quicker they will push it through?  This is crazy how long this is taking. I have a stack of returns I can't file.  Some of these I have had since the end of January.  My clients are getting upset!

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I just override, and put in zero. I wasn't  going to wait for Intuit

0 Cheers
Cinealis
Level 1

Will it allow you to electronically file?

0 Cheers
kevin2
Level 2

Not the Wisconsin return.  It has an error and you can't file anything if there is an error showing.

0 Cheers
kevin2
Level 2

That is a great idea.  I usually do not like to override things but I am tired of waiting for them to fix it.  I think I will start doing that.  Thanks!

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When you efile just uncheck the box that says "enable conversion error checking" If that makes you uncomfortable, then file federal by itself with the box checked, then uncheck the box, then file Wisconsin

0 Cheers