Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 System

Hub
Level 4

Our system is ready to upgrade to the new Windows 11. Does anyone know if there will be any issues with

ProSeries if we upgrade now?

0 Cheers
25 Comments 25
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Mine says :  Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you.

Youre braver than me!   Intuit doesn't have any Win 11 mentioned in their sys reqs for the software at all, soooo I guess you need to ask your self  "Do I feel lucky?"

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Hub
Level 4

Well, after the 15th I took the plunge into Windows 11. No issues of any consequence. It is a cleaner desktop. Everything in ProSeries, including DMS and FA seem to work fine. In fact the programs might actually load faster. 

"Guess I was Lucky"

BobKamman
Level 15

What problems were you having with Windows 10?

IRonMaN
Level 15

You are a much braver soul than I am to make the switch this early.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It will probably work, but they may not support yet, it if you end up having issues.

ajp
Level 5

I was just going to ask this question.  I'm assuming that you are still not having any issues?  I want to try before we begin the next season just in case I have to fix things!

Amy

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So I went ahead and upgraded to Win 11 on my home system....reminds me of a grocery store that youve shopped at for years and then they decide to move everything around and put new packaging on some items that you use everyday.  Irritating.

FWIW  ProSeries Pro 2017-2020 all seem to work fine.

Hub
Level 4

I am not having any issues at all with the transition to Windows 11. I do like Lisa's take on the change being like a grocery store changing everything. But you get used to it quickly and there have been no issues with ProSeries.

rbetts
Level 2

We have our ProSeries hosted at RightNetworks.  Don't have to worry about all that compatibility stuff.  Not my problem anymore.  What a relief.

0 Cheers
ajp
Level 5

Is that different than the cloud hosting provided by intuit?

0 Cheers
JOEY the Cowboy
Level 1

WARNING: Turbotax 2021 software won't work on WINDOWS 11 software!! I know, as I tried, and it failed...I called Tech. Support for over an hour, and finally, they gave up, and offered me a refund! Hopefully, TTAX will fix this problem by 2/28/22! I hope so! 

abctax55
Level 15

@JOEY the Cowboy   No one HERE cares about TurboTax.....we are tax professionals and don't/can't use it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

Just got Windows11 on new computer...was very surprised of how fast download was...absolutely no problems so far with compatibility between windows11 and proseries 2021...IMHO

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's amazing how much faster things seem when you go from a 25 year old computer to a new one 😉

Slava Ukraini!
Billengr
Level 1

Have Window 11 with 11th gen i7 with 16GB memory.  Taking 10 minutes to input each W-2G.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
My home set up is similar, no issues for me....your Win updates are all completely installed, right?
what else do you have running in the background?

0 Cheers
yblewett
Level 1

some fields in Windows 10 are not calculating - I confirmed the software was up to date.  I am also getting the message to upgrade to Windows 11.

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

ain,t changing till end of tax season

larry

stay safe

Hub
Level 4

Billengr

The problem is more than likely the amount of memory. I put 32 GB in my computer this past year and there is no speed limits whatsoever on any input.

May also help that I updated to an SSD drive from previous computers that had HDD.

Good Luck

cpaphoto
Level 1

image.png

0 Cheers
cpaphoto
Level 1

I have 64gb RAM and Windows 11. This is Proseries 2020. The "what's this" goes to 404.

0 Cheers
cpaphoto
Level 1
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

I used WIN 7 until MS forced me to upgrade to Win 10 (couldn't find  new computer that still came with W7). Do you need to upgrade to 11? If not, why do it?

gelizares
Level 2

I can't connect my DMS at all no matter what they do. 

0 Cheers