Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the bug causing ProSeries 2019 to crash when you click "Letter" or "Invoice" be fixed? Is there a solid workaround in the mean time? I've found none. Keeps crashing.

Highlighted

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

can you use Print Preview to view the entire return then uncheck all the boxes except the letter and invoice?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

Can you print to a PDF and print from there. That is what I am doing (have for several years), I dont seem to have that problem and is quicker than printing from within PS. 

Highlighted
Level 3

I also print to PDF for a filing copy and a client copy, then if I or a client needs a quick copy in the future without opening ProSeries software, it's done.  I print the client copy to give to client when picking up the returns.

Highlighted
Level 2

Printing to PDF works well.  Now my ProPDF file will contain all returns, but that's cool I guess.  Just an extra step.  Thank you to all who read my rants yesterday and replied here!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

I had that happen to me tonight.  My solution was to throw my computer out the window.  I then ran out to the parking lot and stomped on it a couple of more times ------------ just for good measure.  It didn't fix the problem, but I do feel better now. 😞

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
@IRonMaN wrote:

I had that happen to me tonight.  My solution was to throw my computer out the window.  I then ran out to the parking lot and stomped on it a couple of more times ------------ just for good measure.  It didn't fix the problem, but I do feel better now. 😞

Our friend the yote needs anger management classes. 🤣

Highlighted
Level 2

I sure this will be at the very bottom of the priority ladder. Probably get fixed around March 31st or something super helpful like that. I've wasted way too much time trying to print what should be the simplest item of all. 

Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

@maxie wrote:

I sure this will be at the very bottom of the priority ladder. Probably get fixed around March 31st or something super helpful like that. I've wasted way too much time trying to print what should be the simplest item of all. 

I cant argue with you at all on your assessment. 

Highlighted
Level 2

There was a discussion earlier in the day on this. Don't know when it will be fixed but there is a workaround that has worked for me.

While the client file is open click "print selected forms" button and select invoice or letters from that menu. One nice thing about that way is you can select multiple letters from the list and print then all at once. Eg. Standard letter & privacy notice at the same time.

Highlighted

Update:  This issue is now resolved.  Please ensure you update your ProSeries software to ensure you are the most current version.