Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Proseries software be updated soon to reflect a direct debit date up to 5/17/2021 as a timely payment of Federal Tax due under the newly extended date?

LimaTaxPreparer
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
George4Tacks
Level 15

Define SOON?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
LimaTaxPreparer
Level 2

Well, you made me chuckle, at least! How about within a week??

IRonMaN
Level 15

How about 2 weeks?  What the heck, let's split the difference and go with a guess of a week and half.  It still is a guessing game since Intuit isn't sharing that secret yet.

Slava Ukraini!
her59
Level 2

It won't even let you efile.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Change the date to 4/15 or sit on the return for awhile.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
her59
Level 2

My client doesn't want to pay until 5/15

IRonMaN
Level 15

Then wait, or have them pay electronically later, or pay with a check later.

Slava Ukraini!
DTNY07
Level 7

I don't receive the error message anymore when i put 5/17 as the date.  I was still receiving it as of Tuesday.  Does this mean, we can e-file and have direct debit of 5/17.  Thanks

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

They updated the software a couple of days ago but some folks said they were still having issues with NY.  But if you aren't getting any error messages, you should be good to go.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
her59
Level 2

The fed error is gone, but the state is still there.

0 Cheers
LimaTaxPreparer
Level 2

Yes, fortunately my client could still handle using a 4/15 date so that one is done now. Otherwise I would still be holding it!

0 Cheers