Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI PPP Flowthrough

JMarg
Level 1

I have an S-Corp client that received a PPP loan during 2020. They have yet to receive forgiveness on the loan but they are reasonably certain that they will be forgiven the full amount. That means that I don't recognize the income on the federal return yet, but on the state return I cannot deduct the expenses related to the PPP loan forgiveness. I cannot find where to input that information on the WI Form 5S and get it to flow through to any of the Wisconsin 5K-1's or the return itself.

How do I get the program to recognize the loan expenses aren't deductible and get it to flow through to every form?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JRC
Level 8

It should show up on Line #1 of the 5K-1 Column (c) Adjustment - increasing Ordinary Business Income.

Again, Make sure you are on Page (6) of the Return Line 10 (A) Other additions; 

"SCH I AJE-SEC 276(A) & 278(a)" should be the addition description you need to enter.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Any chance WI will change the rules?  Next door in Minnesota we are putting returns with PPP money aside to wait and see if Minnesota is going to change the rules and comply with the feds.

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

They have specific instructions on this for Forms 5S and the Partnership returns on where to enter it.

For form 5S enter on line 10. Other additions: of Form 5S, Page 5-6.

I am filing extensions on these to avoid having to amend them if Wisconsin changes it's law. I heard they have introduced bills to correct this.

0 Cheers
Mary McDonald
Level 2

I've put the information there, but it isn't flowing onto the K1s.

JRC
Level 8

It should show up on Line #1 of the 5K-1 Column (c) Adjustment - increasing Ordinary Business Income.

Again, Make sure you are on Page (6) of the Return Line 10 (A) Other additions; 

"SCH I AJE-SEC 276(A) & 278(a)" should be the addition description you need to enter.

Mary McDonald
Level 2

YES!  Thank you!

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Your welcome,

Dont forget to include it on the Schedule 5M Line 3 - Other additions for WI AAA.

Intuit is lazy in not having these adjustments included on the State's Returns.

JRC
Level 8

Hopefully you held off on filing the Return because Wisconsin just passed a law that will affect the handling of the PPP Funds spending and forgiveness.. I do not know the specifics yet.

JMarg
Level 1

Thankfully we did hold off.