Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Federal Estimated tax (scheduled for electronic payment) combining 1st and 2nd quarter and is due June 15, 2021? No withdrawal is scheduled for April 15, 2021.

sharol
Level 3
When running review on the Federal return, the box "For Your Information Electronic Filing." Details: You have chosen to have the following installments of your clients estimated taxes for 2021 paid by electronic funds withdrawal:
Installment 1 of 0.00 due 5/17/21
Installment 2 of 6,680 due 6/15/21
Installment 3 of 3,340 due 9/15/21.

I have all 4 boxes marked for withdrawal in Part III. And Part IV the first box is checked form April 15, 2021

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
dkh
Level 15

Is this return for Texas taxpayer?

0 Cheers
sharol
Level 3

CA resident

0 Cheers
Brother Jack
Level 3

I just checked a recent client I filed requesting the same. I am also getting the same message  where the first payment is blank (-0)  the second is doubled up just like yours. Never noticed it on the review.

The client letter is printing out normal though.

No idea why it says that.

I guess I'll find out when April 15th arrives and it comes out of the account or not. Just another item to follow up on that will probably be a nothing burger.

DLC2020
Level 2

I get the same message during the Final Review of a return.  I think I'll wait a few days and try it again.

0 Cheers
DLC2020
Level 2

Has anyone heard anything more about this issue?  Just wondering if it's safe to e-file these returns.  

0 Cheers
DLC2020
Level 2

I just spoke with a Customer Service Representative who assures me that the payments will definitely be paid as instructed on the ES Worksheet and to ignore the message appearing in the Final Review Window.  Happy e-filing!

TxLaine
Level 3

Thank you for this information! I have not yet been able to get such confirmation from any representative I've spoken with about this issue, so that's reassuring that at least one of them has said it.

You would think, with the date two days away, they might've issued an alert about this.

gbman
Level 3

They need to get this addressed, some of the clients this is a sizable amount of money, if not withdrawn 4/15 instead of 6/15.

gbman
Level 3

Please inform us, of what else, we are suppose to ignore.  What a joke!

gbman
Level 3

Very few alerts have been issued.  It seems we have to fend for ourselves this year.  I guess I will take a programming class, starting April 16.  

Melissa Meng
Level 1

My client's IRS 1st estimated tax for 2021 is not direct withdrawn from bank a/c today (4/15). According to prior year experience it should be withdrawn in the very early time of 4/15. What is proseries going to handle this??

0 Cheers