Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY DOES NJ S CORP FORMS SAY REFERENCE ONLY?

Accountant-Man
Level 12

So we got the forms yesterday but we can't give them to clients yet?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
nj tax65
Level 3

I just got off the phone with support, there is no final release date for New Jersey, they are blaming New Jersey, and I was told to call New Jersey to find out the release date, what's up with that explanation? 

0 Cheers
BBCPA
Level 2

Just updated and it still says REFERENCE ONLY - what in the hell.

0 Cheers
nj tax65
Level 3

They have no idea when it will be released final.  The rep told me to call NJ to find out the date it will be released final.  I think it's their job to do that, no mine. And I was also told, that a lot of customers left after last year,, that too isn't my problem.  It seems like they don't care.  Very poor customer service.

0 Cheers
sonnypsu
Level 3

Anyone know if they can be e-filed but just not printed?  I get no errors when I do the final review saying that the forms are not final and can't be e-filed.  I see that they can't be printed because of the "reference only" watermark.  

0 Cheers
jim h
Level 1

I was able to e-file and was accepted.  Forms still say reference only???

0 Cheers
jim h
Level 1

It might have to do with NJ requiring all Corp forms to be e-filed and not mailed it??

0 Cheers
LWGCPA
Level 1

The returns can be e-filed. Difficult to explain to the client what "Reference Only" means! 

0 Cheers
bdp
Level 3

It is now May 30,2020 and the printout form still says reference only.  I am thinking that is because they must be e filed.  Who knows?

0 Cheers
jsackie
Level 1

Yes, you can efile even though you cannot print the NJ forms

0 Cheers