Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does an error message display when I use "various" in the date range

JohnCPA
Level 1

How do I avoid receiving an error message for importing/using the "Various" response for the answer on Date Acquired when listing securities sold on the Oklahoma Form 561 Capital Gains Deduction for Residents?  When I use Various as the answer, the field shows in red/pink color as an error.  The program does print the return, but I want to eliminate any error messages (such as this).  This field & file are a client inputted field on their TTD product, which I received & transferred the file into my Pro series Professional level software.  I have tried using -01/01/01 as the input value (as per another PS Community response - but that doesn't work on my 19 Pro series Professional level software).  I've deleted & reentered at the federal level, and the state level's field still shows "Various" as an error; I've deleted & reentered at the state level, again, to no avail.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

CA does this on fiduciary returns, it wont allow Various as the purchase date...no idea why, I end up fudging in a date on the federal to avoid the issue.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

CA does this on fiduciary returns, it wont allow Various as the purchase date...no idea why, I end up fudging in a date on the federal to avoid the issue.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
JohnCPA
Level 1

Reluctantly, I did the same.  Used an arbitrary date to force its 'long term' holding period.  Thanks for sharing.