Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I efile?

Why won't ProSeries let me efile yet? Its 1/27 and all forms are updated and efile ready.  I closed the program and restarted it.  Still the OK button is greyed out from the EF Homebase after clients are selected.  I went in and checked each return and marked them rea

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS isnt open for Efiling yet.  I saw in another group that 9am ET it would open.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS isnt open for Efiling yet.  I saw in another group that 9am ET it would open.

Thank you Lisa.  I have appointments this morning and promised my clients I would get them off before I left.  UGH.  I'll blame it on the IRS. 

0 Cheers
awcpa440
Level 1

I think it is interesting that ProSeries does not allow returns to queue up until IRS is open for e-filing.  Just saw an ad from TurboTax that it does allow such.

0 Cheers
lwctexansfan
Level 1

Which is 6:00 AM PST and that is what the message says without the PST , I was at office 5:45 AM to file returns sucks to be me

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@awcpa440 wrote:

I think it is interesting that ProSeries does not allow returns to queue up until IRS is open for e-filing.  Just saw an ad from TurboTax that it does allow such.

TT is DIY software that wants to lock customers into using their program so they hold their returns hostage until the opening date.  PS is for professionals that shouldnt have need for that type of business practice.

0 Cheers
taxesbycecy
Level 2

How much longer ?

0 Cheers
steve5
Level 4

My 'guinea pig' was my dependent son's return.  I tried to e-file at 7:30 am and the program bombed out....

I'm hoping it was due to the 9:00 am requirement.

0 Cheers

Yep, I was in my office at 5:00 AM to efile.  That is MST.

0 Cheers
KGAZULLI
Level 1

I just spoke to IRS practitioner priority service. They said that the e-file opened today effective 12:01 am. Proseries is messing up a lot and I am very upset. 

0 Cheers

What's up ProSeries?

0 Cheers

Finally went through!

0 Cheers
Grateful
Level 1

When "Updating" program, chose "Refresh Updates".  This worked for me

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

After 2 years, I believe they finally got things figured out.

Slava Ukraini!