Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are tax returns being adjusted on the recovery rebate after efile?

Dham
Level 2

This weekend our tax returns we are filing with people who still have stimulus payments to be paid were getting adjusted.  We don't know why.  Nothing is making sense.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a bug that a few folks were reporting.  It appears it is a false message - the returns weren't actually changed.

Slava Ukraini!
Dham
Level 2

So is there an update to fix this bug?  Where did you receive your information?  I am new to posting on this community feed.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

There were various posts here over the last few days.  It's not a bad idea to stop in and scan the posts here periodically to let you know about issues folks are having with the software.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I reported the bug on Thursday evening and by Friday morning it was sent to development, I would expect to see a fix in this weeks update (Thursday).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Dham
Level 2

I agree, this is an exceptional year on all the changes the government is making during tax season. 

0 Cheers