Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will there be a fix for the Premium Tax Credit repayment exclusion?

JohnDWaterman
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
dascpa
Level 11

You'll know when we all know.  It takes time, unfortunately.

IRonMaN
Level 15

A number of us got together and did some analysis of the issue.  After a lot of hours were spent with the analysis process we determined that it would be ready sometime between now and October 15th.  But I should mention, there were a few calculations that narrowed it down to between now and October 8th.

Slava Ukraini!
MaxGalvin
Level 2

It would be nice to have SOMETHING to tell an anxious client - as well as prepare office workflow.  Great PR for Intuit & preparers as it is.

dascpa
Level 11

Clients are always anxious.  They wait until the last minute.  Don't get you everything.  Expect it completed in minutes. Remember who runs your practice - you, not the client. If you can't print the tax return now they'll have to wait.  It's the price of them getting a free tax benefit they didn't really deserve.

PATAX
Level 15

👍 das you hit the nail on the head... Years ago I had a client that dropped off his taxes, he called me back the next morning and asked me if it was finished... I told him no, but if he wanted it completed immediately he can come pick it up and go somewhere else... Never had an issue again with him... Just my humble opinion...

IRonMaN
Level 15

Whenever a client comes in, I give them a rough idea when the return will be ready and tell them that we will call when the return is done.  A number of years ago, I had a client call and ask if his return was ready yet ----------------- even though he had received the standard speech.  I told him it wasn't ready, and for every phone call he made to check on the status, I was going to push back the completion date an extra week.  He is still a client, and he has never called again asking me if his return was done. 

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yep, some people I think are just a little naturally nervous , maybe they were wired that way