Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will ProSeries update for extended due date for Texas residents

Johnl777
Level 3

IRS has extended due date for Texas residents to June 15, 2021. When will ProSeries update their software for such?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
dascpa
Level 11

June 16th.....  Why would you ask tax preparers on this community board what your software company will do and when?  And why aren't you asking when the software will be updated for today's Stimulus bill. It'll happen.  These things take time.  And yes, we're all getting cranky.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Does anybody have patience these days?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Rumor has it that theyre going to extend the due date for everyone, so they may wait and do it all at once.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I heard a rumor that they were extending it until April 15, 2022.  I also heard a rumor that they found Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earhart.  Anybody else heard anything good lately?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
My prediction:
They'll announce the extended date on 3/16, after the partnership/Scorp due date has passed...they wont extend for them.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
WonderAM
Employee
Employee

Placeholder

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

but aren't we all getting the automatic extensions for the 1065s and 1120Ss anyways??

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
ekelleycpa
Level 2

This is a follow up to the March 10 question about the Texas due date of 6/15.  There is another thread named Texas deadline that is closed and counted as answered, but it's not.  We filed a 1040 yesterday and turned off error checking per the Proseries tech.  The return was set to pay the tax due on 6/15.  The return was rejected by the IRS (not Proseries) because they are still showing returns must be paid by May 17.  This is not a Proseries issue.  This is an IRS issue and I doubt they are going to fix it since they've had several months to do so.  I hope we don't get late filing notices when we file the returns in June, but I would not be surprised if we did.  I'm beginning to wish for the bad old days when returns were due April 15th, at least we could put tax season behind us and not have this ongoing filing season.

0 Cheers