Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will proseries 2021 basic will be available to download

mcbs6
Level 2

16 Comments 16
George4Tacks
Level 15
Usually November, but a bare bones, not ready for prime time product when issued.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dkh
Level 15

2020 tax season isn't over yet.  What's the hurry ? big smile.png

IRonMaN
Level 15

Clients lining up around the block already waiting to have their returns done?  Just make sure they are standing 6 feet apart.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

As a side note, the version that is released in November is pretty useless unless you are looking to do beta testing of the software.  But no matter what happens, don't roll your clients over right away.  Bad things happen to folks that do the rollovers early.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Professional comes out in mid Nov, but I thought Basic didnt come out until December sometime?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Don't be in a rush ... Always good to wait until the first couple of days of February or so so to see if there are any problems with the software they will get worked out... Unless it is a 1 W2 return...

BobKamman
Level 15

We know Congress will be in session in December because they have to come back and sign checks again, so a November draft may not reflect the final 2021 law. (Or the March 2022 law, for that matter.)

Ronsraspberries
Level 2

I wanted to check how dividends and LTCG are taxed for someone married and making less than 80K on ordinary income. Is the zero rate apply even if you have a large LTCG?

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

As long as taxable income is below $80,800 for 2021.

abctax55
Level 15

@Ronsraspberries 

Hi there

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Ronsraspberries  is this related to the election you want to file in this question? https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/tax-talk/discussion/electing-not-to-use-capital-losses-carri...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Does Basic have a Tax Planner?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

It has a what if worksheet option that I would consider a tax planner. So yes.

0 Cheers
anakvi
Level 1

Proseries basic 2021, will be available when?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

The Headstart Edition should be available now.    Solved: ProSeries 2021 getting started guide - Intuit Accountants Community

PattiV
Level 1

Thank You.

0 Cheers