Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will 2021 Texas franchise tax e-filing be available?

Mike-Questions
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JH6
Employee
Employee

TX Corporation e-filing is not available yet. We will get it developed once agency posts the EF package. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
18 Comments 18
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does PS support TX franchise returns?

If so, You can dig around here for the release date

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Mike-Questions
Level 1

Thank you for a reply.  ProSeries does support Texas franchise tax e-filing.  I tried to e-file a 2021 return from the 2020 software today and received  the message "Electronic Filing for 2020 Texas Corporation is not yet available".  I thought I saw somewhere it would be available 2/22/21.  Through research, I am not able to find any dates or assistance.

0 Cheers
JH6
Employee
Employee

TX Corporation e-filing is not available yet. We will get it developed once agency posts the EF package. 

0 Cheers

At first the Efile release date was 2/19, then it got moved to 2/26 and now it is saying 3/11. It's bad every year but this is just ridiculous. Is this a State issue or a ProSeries issue? I need to know who to complain to. Because the State Webfile system is up and running no problem, but we pay a lot of money every year to use ProSeries and keep the information in one place. 

judy terrell
Level 1

same issue.  Can't file texas or Louisiana returns.  Why is what I would like to know becasue other softwares are filing already?

0 Cheers
judy terrell
Level 1

Why?  Louisiana also cannot be filed.  This is not at the state level its at the Intuit level and I would like to know why these are so behind?  We cannot even file extensions in these states which is crazy when it is 2.24.21!!

0 Cheers
roz2
Level 4

I am also waiting on the filing of the Texas Franchise Return. But I have a bigger issue now.  I filed an Ohio State return with a School District Return with a refund of $844.00. There was no mention of it on the e-file screen.  I called Lacerte and the expert told me to go ahead and file, it might not show up on the e-file screen.  This made me nervous because Ohio is a piggyback state. The filing instructions said it was a direct deposit and it would go into their back account. (One of my checks for accuracy.) The preparers e-file directions echoed the same.  However, when I printed out the confirmation letter there was no mention (again) of the school district being filed.  I called Lacerte again, and spoke to another expert, that told me she didn't know why it didn't e-file, but it didn't. I am contacting our rep at Lacerte to see if I can have a solution.  We also pay GREAT money to have superior service and I believe Lacerte should fix the issue and file the School District Return.  

0 Cheers
tax456
Level 4

Where did you find a date of 3/11 for e-file TXFR?  

0 Cheers
davidsteve
Level 3

Where can we get more information on this? 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@davidsteve 

From your program's Forms Release info:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/forms-finder/

TX 3/11/2021 for everything that can be e-filed.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
tax456
Level 4

I really appreciate the link you provided, however, it doesn't include TX.  I appreciate the date you provided as well, I was not getting a date, but a link to nowhere.

thanks

0 Cheers
davidsteve
Level 3

No texas on this list. 

qbteachmt
Level 15

I got TX from that link. Did you read at the top how to navigate it? You don't have "Individual TX" so, for instance, you might be investigating:

1120 & States

And then:

TX

And then:

Forms Info tab

And then:

FORM/SCHEDULE

STATUS

Form TX 05-163, Texas No Tax Due Info Report Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-160, Texas Credits Summary Schedule Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-180, Texas Franchise Tax Historic Structure Credit Supp Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-158-B, Texas Franchise Tax Report- Page 2 Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-158-A, Texas Franchise Tax Report- Page 1 Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form 05-102, Franchise Tax Public Info. Report Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-169, Texas E-Z Computation Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-166, Texas Affiliate Schedule Final, EF on 03/11/2021
TX Margin amp; Tax Worksheet Final, EF Not Allowed
Form TX 05-167, Texas Ownership Info Report Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-164, Texas Extension Request Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-165, Texas Extension Affiliate List Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-170, Texas Fran Tax Payment Form Final, EF Not Allowed
Tiered Partnership Report Form 05-175 Entry Wks Final, EF Not Allowed
Texas Revenue And Gross Receipts Worksheet Final, EF Not Allowed
LLC Worksheet Final, EF Not Allowed
Form TX 05-177, Texas Fran Tax Common Owner Info Report Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-178, Texas Fran Tax Research amp; Dev Activities Cred Sch Final, EF on 03/11/2021
Form TX 05-175, Texas Fran Tax Tiered Partnership Report Final, EF on 03/11/2021

qbteachmt
Level 15

Yeah, Texas seems to be on the list.

0 Cheers
davidsteve
Level 3

Thanks for your reply, BTW we do have individual tx franchise. We have been filing them for years. Some things you learn in life. 

0 Cheers
tax456
Level 4

@davidsteve ;  You are quick!  beat me to it

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"we do have individual tx franchise"

Not for purposes of that Lookup function for this program. Go ahead and try:

1040 & States

0 Cheers
davidsteve
Level 3

Then lacerte must be crazy as always, because we do this every year. 

0 Cheers