Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When logging into Proseries

jhartwv
Level 3

When I try to log in, I now receive the message ' this action can't be completed because the other program is busy, click 'switch to' to activate''. When I click on 'switch to' nothing happens and I am unable to open program. How can I stop this message from occurring?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ugh, I have this happen from time to time, no clue why or what triggers it.  

When I hit Switch To, the Windows Start button menu opens and then I close it, then I have to hit Switch to again and the same thing happens...usually does it 4-6 times in a row then everything opens normally.

The only thing I can think of is maybe my anti virus or my cloud back-up is doing something with the PS files at the same time as Im trying to log in and its creating a conflict?  I honestly dont know what to tell you, except youre not alone!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Hmm.  A lot is going on during sign in. As a guess, a file is getting locked somehow.

Some clarifying questions.

• Does this go away for awhile if you restart your machine?
  • Do you get the message after entering your user name/password and hitting "Sign In"? 
  • Are you using Professional Network, Professional or Basic?

Also, can you take a screenshot of the issue, and email that and C:\ProWin20\32bit\logs\proseries.txt to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive had it happen since 2018. Its completely random, I never know when its going to happen. It always eventually loads, so Ive never been completely stuck and unable to log in.

I may be logging in too quickly after the login screen appears and it hasnt fully loaded yet maybe?

Maybe I'll grab my phone and video it one of these days!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Mine also comes up with this message and has done so for a few years. I have to restart the computer and everything works fine until the next time. Usually a handful of times per year I have to deal with it.