Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When / If, 2018 Sch. A will be updated for Amending?

Camp1040
Level 10

Due to the extenders bill and  reinstatement of MIP, and the need to amend 2018 tax returns for those that qualify, will 2018,  schedule A be updated to reflect this change?

Since  amended returns should contain the forms or schedules that have changed since the original filing.

I have read that intuit is waiting for the IRS to release an updated 2019 Sch. A, but I have not found any info concerning 2018 amended returns.

Thank You

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

This time of year all of their efforts are into messing up this year's product.  I'm sure it will be awhile before they get back to 2018.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

This time of year all of their efforts are into messing up this year's product.  I'm sure it will be awhile before they get back to 2018.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Camp - I didn't notice who it was posting when I answered --------------- it's been a long day.  Nice to see a familiar face over here on the dark side.  This place is shiny and new but I wish I was still back in Kansas.  I've clicked my heels at least three hundred times and keep saying there is no place like home, but I open my eyes and I'm still here with the flying monkeys Smiley Sad

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

Great new site....my first post was going to be, how do I post a question!

Thank goodness for the FAQ'S

MsGretle
Level 3

This Questing says it's solved, but I don't see or have a solution. It's nearing the end of March and many forms for 2018 have been out for a month (from the IRS) but no updates to the forms on ProSeries. 

The stimulus is supposed to be based on 2018 returns, and my clients (and ME) are getting nervous to keep holding returns until forms are released. I don't know what I would do if I have to file 154 amended returns just for MIP and Residential Credits and the like...nobody wants to pay extra money for an amendment and I certainly don't have the time to print 100 returns and mail them all certified...I cringe at the thought of that. 

Any suggestions are MORE than welcomed! I wonder how the IRS would see it if I just put the credit or deduction in the wrong place and wrote a note beside it??? 

That could work...right? 

0 Cheers

I am debating taking the updated form from the IRS website and then substitute the Schedule A that prints out with the return since the 1040-X has to be paper filed. But, I'll have to check to see about New York State.

What do you and other tax preparers think about of that as an option. I figured I would do the amended returns at the same time as preparing the 2019 return instead of waiting for ProSeries to update the form later in the year.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Personally I think it would be a cluster.

What is the rush? The IRS is not processing paperwork returns at the moment, as of yesterday the schedule a in ProSeries was calculating correctly but the 1040x did not populate so you would have to do that manually.

Short answer ,,wait....just my opinion. 

Thank you very much. I think I will do that.

0 Cheers