Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to amend a 2017 return it does not fill in last years taxes.

lmallak
Level 1

When I try to amend a 2017 return it does not fill in last year's taxes.  Why doesn't it enter last year's return, the one I'm trying to amend?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Are you using the 2017 program to prepare the amended return?

Slava Ukraini!
lmallak
Level 1

Yes, all I did was adding the 1040-X.  I've never had this problem for.  It just doesn't want to add the earlier return, the adjusted income, none of it.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Be sure to activate the 1040X   BEFORE  entering any changes.

Amounts will not populate into 1040X until you actually make a change to the return.   

lmallak
Level 1

I started again with the first 2017 opened 2017-X.  Then I tried to add some data and it still is not filling it in, at all.  What the heck am I doing wrong?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new ProSeries Tool Hub
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-p...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
lmallak
Level 1

Tool Hub does not open.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Maybe try opening another clients 2017 return - mark the 2017 on 1040X -- enter some crazy high interest income on Sched B - then look at the 1040X to see if it worked.  If yes, then the problem is in the one you truly want to amend so you may need to start over.  If no, then updating the program would be the next step if it were me.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"If no, then updating the program would be the next step if it were me."

That would be the route I would also take, but I'm starting to second guess my thought process since you are suggesting that ----------------------------------- I mean, with the drinking habit you have displayed here, we do have to question your judgement from time to time 😆

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

😁